First. The generated SSDT will, from now on, be saved in: ~/Library/ssdtPRGen This instead of on your Desktop. Less clutter, but it will also make it a bit more difficult to locate. This is also why I added a new argument to open the previously generated SSDT:
More importantly. This change enabled me to make changes in the script so that it can do most of its work without requiring admin privileges. Reducing the risk of running a script with sudo.
One other thing I did was that I removed the zipped up byte data for extractACPITables from the script. A newer version will now be download from my Github repository and put in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools. The extracted ACPI tables are now saved in: ~/Library/ssdtPRGen. This because /tmp required administrator privileges, and the data was wiped on restarts.
The biggest change however is that I moved the model data and processor data to configuration files, downloaded when required. You’ll find the files in: ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data. This change makes it possible for me to change the data without having to update the script. And the script will only download what it needs. Another plus is that we can edit the SSDT without altering the file permissions.
You can get the latest version of ssdtPRGen.sh by entering this terminal command:
curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
The next step is to set the execute/search bits by entering this terminal command:
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
Bug reports (so called ‘issues’) can be filed at:
Please do not use my blog for this.