Seems like power management in Mavericks really changed. Again. At least one person (Hackmodford) on Github issues confirmed that this was the case. And to be absolutely 100% certain that this is the case… I made you a new update of ssdtPRGen.sh that I committed seconds ago.
Please give ssdtPRGen.sh v8.8 a spin and let me know if this update solved the error:
XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error:0x8)
X86PlatformShim::sendPStates – pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x8
X86PlatformShim::start – Failed to send PStates
Note: The 0x8 is probably different for you!
p.s. I don’t know when power management was changed. In which version, so we have to figure that out together.
So far I have only have one confirmation that it works, with a i7-3770K, but I am working with Gringo Vermelho to see if we can get his configuration going.
I also changed ssdtPRGen.sh a bit so that it allows you to inject the extra P-States more easily. You do this by changing gIvyWorkAround in ssdtPRGen.sh. This are the supported values:
1 – Injects one extra Turbo P-State at he top with max-Turbo frequency + 1 MHz.
2 – Injects N extra Turbo P-State at the bottom.
3 – Injects both of them.
Get ssdtPRGen.sh version 9.0 now from Github repository, link below, and see if it is working for you. Thank you for testing this update!